Monday 31 October 2011

Happy Halloween

The other day I was going through a few old files and I found some of the original drawings I did for a limited edition book I made, it brought back a lot of feelings, I remember how I came up with the idea for the book, I wasn't long out of university I think this was around the start of october 2006 and I was an artist in residence at a gallery, part of my job was to be present during tuesday evening's life drawing class, really just to make sure nothing got damaged, I wasn't allowed to participate either, but I had to stay there until 9ish at night ( I started at 9 in the morning) so tuesdays were long day for me. anyway I remember being very tired (I'd been painting all day) and I was bored of the internet, so I started doodling, doodled this little zombie in a Kurt Cobain like jumper and I was pleased with it, so i carried on drawing until I had a narrative. the next day I scanned all the drawings in, added a few, refined some, added some text and made it into a book. I would go on to do 3 other books in the same vain about a werewolf, a vampire and a ghost. in total I made 200 of each book and had sold them all by christmas of 2006. throughout 2007 I would go on to plan out 8 more of these narratives but I never released them as life seemed to get in the way. This year I have done virtually no drawing but I had done a massive amount of painting so I decided to redraw the zombie book, I hope you like.

No comments: